CoyoteUgly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a very wild fun filled forum is being born

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paula (me)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
paula

Paula (me) Empty
PostSubject: Paula (me)   Paula (me) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 3:48 pm

Hello, my name is Paula - I live in Indiana...Have a daughter who just graduated college and I am feeling old! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
paula

Paula (me) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paula (me)   Paula (me) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:32 am

My daughter came over last night to give me her good news and was the news I most dreaded.......Her bf proposed, she said yes....

Not what I wanted to hear but I gave my congrats, kept the smile going and all until the door closed behind her as she left.

As long as she is happy , that is all that matters.... I just need a day or two for this to sink in.........she is going tomorrow to tell her dad, hope she breaks this to him very gently, he just had a heart-attack a few weeks ago and I am not too sure how he will handle this....

Ah well.......Guess I had better get used to this guy........But anything can happen within the next year (crossing fingers, lol)
Back to top Go down
cowgirl
Admin
cowgirl

Paula (me) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paula (me)   Paula (me) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:11 pm

I don't have any children but I have always been told parents have to let go sometime. Not that is easy but I hope her boyfriend is a good man and good to her. Just give it some time to sink in. I hope you get used to the idea eventually.
Back to top Go down
paula

Paula (me) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paula (me)   Paula (me) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 4:58 am

Thanks......I have let go - 2 years ago......

Fact is, there is just something about this guy that I do not trust......Its all good though, she has to learn for herself.....
Back to top Go down
infotechproximity9

Paula (me) Empty
PostSubject: fggd   Paula (me) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:19 am

Important changes relating to age discrimination in UK employment law became effective in October 2006, with implications for all types of appraisals and job performance and suitability assessment. Ensure your systems, training and materials for appraisals reflect current employment law. It's helpful to understand these recent laws also if you (young or old) are being appraised. The UK (consistent with Europe) Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006, effective from 1st October 2006, make it unlawful to discriminate against anyone on the grounds of age. This has several implications for performance appraisals, documents used, and the training of people who conduct staff appraisals. For example, while not unlawful, the inclusion of age and date-of-birth sections on appraisal forms is not recommended (as for all other documentation used in assessing people). For further guidance about the effects of Age Equality and Discrimination on performance appraisals, and other aspects of managing people, see the Age Di

__________________________________________________-
office chair | office chairs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paula (me) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paula (me)   Paula (me) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paula (me)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CoyoteUgly :: DailyBlog-
Jump to: